Turn a Web Page into a Desktop Application
- Make sure you didn't install Chromium with snap.
- Go to the URL you want the app to open to
- Ellipsis Button (...) -> "More tools" -> "Create shortcut"
- Don't un-tick the checkbox for "Open as window"
- Basically the same
- But you'll have to look up how to put the shortcut in the all programs list
- I used to have on my desktop a shortcut to the all programs folder, which I used to drag and drop shortcuts into
"Oh, what a dream that would be!"
"It's a shame so many great programs are stuck nested in a browser window."
"The Chromium button on my launcher is cramped with stuff that doesn't belong there."
"I love Alt+Tab."
"App icons make it much easier to recognise and switch to a program quickly than tiny tab screenshots, as seen during Alt+Backtick or in window spread view."
"What a shame all programs are being made with browser technologies. If they're going to do that, at least stick it in an Electron app for us."